Art - Claude Monte - Meadow Road To Pourville - Pastel Work


Claude Monte - Meadow Road To Pourville - Pastel Work


Claude Monte - Meadow Road To Pourville - pastel 16 x 12

This was my second example for my students new artist study project. I decided to go with Claude Monet, because his style is similar to Vincent Van Gogh. They both seemed to make use of short brush strokes in their paintings. I decided to do a pastel work of 'Meadow Road to Pourville' which actually reminds me of numerous visits to Robin Hoods' bay, England as a child. I have drawn this similar scene many times, especially at my previous school where I also taught art. The scene is embedded in my mind, so it was interesting to try stick to what Monet originally painted.  I really enjoy the contrast between the soft sky and the land/sea features. This kind if impressionism really draws to me and I believe I should try make my own impressionism landscape piece.


#art #pastel #softpastel #artteacher #landscape #pastellandscape #deancookartist #mrcook #artproject #monetstudy #landscapepainting #claudemonet #monet#meadowroadtopourville #memories #messy #vivid #soft #artist #newtaipeicity #taiwan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author