Art - Vincent Van Gogh - Starry Night - Pastel Work


Vincent Van Gogh - Starry Night - Pastel Work


Vincent Van Gogh - Starry Night - pastel - 16 x 12


Summer school is almost finished so my students have mostly finished their Oaxaca animal sculptures and we are still waiting for the canvas shoes to arrive. Therefore, we will be starting our first major project which is a study of a famous historic artist. The first artist will be Vincent Van Gogh. Students will need to research this artist and in-particular his landscape pieces. They then need to start creating an image in their mind of what they want to do, either try copy one of Van Goghs' paintings or copy his style with their own landscape view. My plan for this project is to create two examples, the first is my pastel work of the starry night, which is one of Van Goghs' most famous paintings. I will then create a second piece from a similar artist, so that students can get a sense of this post-impressionism style.

I tried to simplify my pastel work of the starry night and took out some of the houses and foreground detail. I wanted my focus to be on the short stroke style and also the church. I don't really see many churches in Taiwan, not like the ones that are typical for Europe etc. I believe this piece might have worked more if I had brushed the lines in the sky and smudged them more. However, that would have taken away the point of showing students Van Goghs' style.


#art #pastel #softpastel #artteacher #landscape #pastellandscape #deancookartist #mrcook #artproject #vangoghstudy #landscapepainting #vincentvangogh #vangogh#starrynight #memories #messy #vivid #soft #artist #newtaipeicity #taiwan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author